Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Bleach #456

WARNING! This post is going to contain spoilers, so don't read this if you haven't caught up with the One Piece, or haven't read the chapter yet! You've been warned!
 So I'm still of the opinion that Bleach is a trainwreck of a series, but I do have to admit one thing: Tsukishima is a more refreshingly unique villain. I mean, he still acts and looks like Aizen, but at least his execution is far more interesting. Gone are the vastly overpowering foes! Instead, Ichigo is forced to fight the friends he's been working so hard to protect, and they're not even being tricked by illusions or being mind controlled. Nope! To them, Tsukishima has always been their longtime ally and friend, and it's Ichigo suddenly flipping out trying to kill him. I suppose to us viewers, it would look like Ichigo was trying to kill Chad or Ishida. It's such a hax power, and I got to wonder how this is all going to turn around, since just killing him doesn't seem like it's going to happen. Personally, I feel like Ishida will end up holding the key somehow. Then again, there's that mysterious shinigami working with Urahara and Ichigo's dad too. I just hope I get to see Tsukishima's smug grin wiped off his face soon. I'm getting tired of the "faint smile" arrogance so many villains have. It's what made seeing Aizen get manhandled last arc so satisfying.

No comments:

Post a Comment